121 & 125 - 32 Street NE
Land Use Redesignation Application for H-GO Zoning
Land Use Redesignation Application for R-CG
Current: Residential – Contextual One/Two Dwelling (R-C2)
Proposed: Housing – Grade Oriented (H-GO)
About the Site:
The two-lot parcel is 90’ x 155’ located mid-block with a rear lane. The lots currently each have a bungalow constructed in 1949, and the East lost only contains a garage.
The built context of the site includes single family homes and redevelopment. The zoning context is R-C2 surrounding the parcel with one M-CGd50 redesignation completed on the block to the East.
The parcel is located within the North Hill Communities Local Area Plan (LAP) and identified as the Neighbourhood Local typography. The Centre Street Main Street area is adjacent and the parcel is 95m from a Primary Transit Network stop.
Proposed Zoning: R-CG Residential – Grade-Oriented Infill:
- Density, up to 9 dwelling units + secondary suites
- Maximum up to 60% land coverage
- Minimum 3.0m front setback
- Controlled rear and side setbacks
- Max height 11m (3 storeys)
- 0.625 stalls per dwelling unit
- No parking stalls required for secondary suites
- 6 stalls must be provided for 9 units
- No visitor parking is required.
Full bylaw details for the R-CG district are available here.
New Housing Opportunities
New infill multi-family homes provide a variety of housing types and styles. Secondary suites provide affordable rental
opportunities in Established Areas and provide secondary income to the primary unit owners.
“Providing more housing diversity in Calgary means more opportunities for everyone to have a place that they can call home.”
~ City of Calgary
This application is estimated to be a “1A” engagement rating on the Outreach Assessment Matrix from the City of Calgary requiring 2-3 outreach tools.
This application is utilizing four Outreach Tools & Tactics are being used:
- Website for online engagement – Engage121.ca
- Email feedback form (below)
- Direct contact email and phone provided (bottom of page)
- Direct mailing of printed materials (30+ neighbouring parcels outlined on the map to the left)
We remain open to your feedback, concerns and questions. Please use the form below to contact us.
We will forward your comments to the assigned file manager at the City of Calgary.
We remain open to feedback throughout the application process and will provide your concerns and comments to the file manager, or you may contact them directly.
City of Calgary
Once the application is submitted the file manager contact information and file number will be provided here.